Worcester County health assessments and health improvement plans:
Community health assessment (CHA) and community health improvement plan (CHIP) are part of an ongoing broader community health improvement process which provides a frame work to improve the health of the communities.
The Worcester County CHA and CHIP are developed by Worcester County Health Department with the assistance and advice of the Worcester County Health Planning Advisory Council /Local Health Improvement Coalition (LHIC). The Worcester County LHIC is part of the Maryland State Health Improvement Process (SHIP).
Input is also sought from sister health and human services partners, the business community and residents through special meetings, other boards, (usually disease/condition-focused) councils and task forces.
For listing of members of the Worcester County Health Planning Advisory Council & Local Health Improvement Coalition (LHIC), please click: Member Listing. Membership is open to public.
For more community health data, check out Worcester County Network of Care - Healthy Communities or see the list of local documents below.
Resources and Publications:
- 2014 Community Health Needs Assessment (PRC)
- 2012 Community Health Assessment (CHA)
- Worcester County Health Report Card 2012
- 2012-2017 Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP)
- Tri County Health Improvement Plan 2012
- Maryland State Health Improvement Process (SHIP)
- Worcester County Health Profile (SHIP)
- 2009 Community Health Assessment
- County Health Ranking
This service is provided by the Administration Program and the Planning Program.