Local Management Boards (LMBs) are the core entities that established in each of Maryland’s 24 jurisdictions to stimulate collaboration at the local level and to strengthen local services to children and families.
The Worcester County LMB’s primary role is to bring together existing resources at the local level and use them in innovative ways. LMBs ensure implementation of localized, interagency service delivery systems for children, youth, and families. All of this is accomplished successfully by partnering with the Government Office of Children.
The Worcester County Local Management Board envisions a caring, compassionate, inclusive community with leadership and government that fosters an environment which empowers all children, youth, and families to thrive.
The mission of the LMB is to achieve a comprehensive system of education, health and human services that effectively and responsibly addresses the needs of Worcester County children and families through public and private interagency collaboration.
Responsibilities of the Local Management Board include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop family focused community based services for children, youth, and families
- Promote and develop community-wide collaboration
- Plan, fund, and implement interagency services
- Coordinate community grants and reduce or eliminate duplication of services in the county.
Worcester County LMB Funded Programs
- Community Service Centers - Single Point of Access (Worcester Youth and family) - Promotes community-based, walk-in, interagency, single point of access Community Service Center.
- System/Family Navigation (Worcester Youth and Family) - Assists families in identifying strengths and needs while obtaining necessary services.
- Youth as One - Involves training the community in Youth Mental Health First Aid. Also uses “Say it Straight”, an evidence based education and training program that results in empowering communication skills and behaviors, increased self-awareness, self efficacy, personal and social responsibility, positive relationships, quality of life and more.
- Integrated Services for Child Maltreatment - Provides co-located services and joint team outreach to families who have a report of child neglect or maltreatment.
- The Cricket Center - A non-profit, friendly, safe, and supportive environment for abused and neglected children. A team approach is used to coordinate investigations and interventions for each case, expediting the child’s time in the legal system.
- Comprehensive Parenting Program Initiative - Uses Nurturing Parenting program, Guiding Good Choices, and Parenting Wisely to teach necessary skills for the healthy well-balanced raising of children ages 3 to 18. Program reduces problem behaviors and increases communication among families.
2016 Board Members
Eloise Henry-Gordy -Chair
Jessica Sexaur-Acting Director
Mark S. Frostrom
Dr. Jerry Wilson
2016 LMB Board of Directors and Committee Meeting Schedule
6040 Public Landing Rd.
Post Office Box 129
Snow Hill, Maryland 21863