Training available at a discounted cost to county alcohol licensees
(Snow Hill, MD)- The Worcester County Health Department is offering discounted TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures) classes and certification to Worcester County alcohol-licensed establishments. TIPS training is shown to decrease an establishment’s chances of alcohol violation penalties, keep our community safer, and increase customer satisfaction.
Trainings are $45.00 per participant and are scheduled for:
• 12:30-4:30 pm on Monday, May 21, 2018 at the Ocean City Library.
• 12:30-4:30 pm on Monday, June 4, 2018 at the Ocean Pines Library.
• Free trainings for one-day, non-profit events are also available throughout the year upon request.
Participants will leave this responsible beverage sales training prepared to:
• Recognize the signs of intoxication.
• Spot underage drinkers and prevent sales to minors.
• Intervene quickly and confidently in potential problem situations.
• Understand the difference between people enjoying themselves and those getting into trouble with alcohol.
• Use proven strategies to prevent alcohol-related problems.
For more information or to register, please call Lois Twilley at 410-632-1100, ext. 1116
For Immediate Release
Media Contact: Travis Brown
410.632.1100 ext. 1130