|The Lower Shore Health Insurance Assistance Program Announces Outreach Events for the Month of October|
Snow Hill, Md. (October 1, 2013) – The Lower Shore Health Insurance Assistance Program is happy to announce the launch of their strategic outreach and public awareness for the month of October, with the purpose of educating residents of the tri-county area about health insurance options offered via Maryland Health Connection.
The program is using a multi-pronged approach to reach the 23,000 uninsured residents of Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester counties including community enrollment and education events, public service announcements and advertising.
Certified staff will be available at various organizations throughout each county to meet with people, pass out information, and answer any questions pertaining to Maryland Health Connection and the plans offered through the state insurance marketplace. For more information, visit lowershorehealth.org or call 855-445-5540.
During the Month of October, staff will provide outreach, education and enrollment opportunities for the public at the following locations:
• Saturday Oct. 5- AGH Ocean Pines Health Fair, 8 a.m.- noon
• Monday Oct. 7- Riverside Drive Pharmacy, 8 a.m.- noon
• Monday Oct. 7- Milford Street Pharmacy, 1 -5 p.m.
• Wednesday Oct. 9 – Wicomico Youth and Civic Center, 9 a.m. – Noon
• Saturday Oct. 12 – CVS Pharmacy (Salisbury) 2 – 6 p.m.
• Saturday Oct. 19- Native American Indian Heritage Festival
• Monday Oct. 21- Apple Drug Pharmacy (Berlin), 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
• Monday Oct. 21- Apple Drug Pharmacy (Fruitland), 12 - 8 p.m.
• Monday Oct. 21- Peninsula Pharmacy Event, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Friday Oct. 25- Rite Aid Pharmacy (Princess Anne), 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
• Monday Oct. 28- Walgreens (South Salisbury Blvd)
Interested candidates can feel free to stop by one of these events to learn more about our program, or stay tuned for more events in upcoming months.
Staff also has scheduled office hours Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. till 4:30 p.m. at various organizations throughout Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester counties. Such locations include health departments, departments of social services, TLC health centers, and libraries. Those interested should contact our toll free call center at (855) 445-5540 to speak with a staff member to find the closest location and to set an appointment.
For more information on our program and upcoming events, please visit us at www.lowershorehealth.org .