The Maryland Health Disparities Conference is sponsored by the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene's (DHMH) Office of Minority Health and Health Disparities (MHHD), and is co-sponsored by the Maryland Community Health Resources Commission (MCHRC), Chesapeake College, and Maryland Center for Health Equity, Public Health, University of Maryland (MCHEPHUM).
This year’s theme is “Health Reform to Health Equity on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.”
The purpose of the conference is to highlight advances in Maryland to help improve health among all Marylanders and reduce health disparities through the Affordable Care Act.
Dr. Thomas A. LaVeist will deliver the annual Shirley Nathan-Pulliam Health Equity Lecture at 10:30 a.m. and will be available briefly afterward for media interviews.
· Dr. Thomas A. LaVeist, Director, Hopkins Center for Health Disparities Solutions & William C. and Nancy F. Richardson Professor in Health Policy, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health – Keynote Speaker
· Delegate Shirley Nathan-Pulliam, District 10, Baltimore County
· Delegate Adelaide C. Eckardt, District 37B, Caroline, Dorchester, Talbot & Wicomico Counties
· Delegate Norman H. Conway, District 38B, Wicomico and Worcester Co's.
· Dr. Joshua M. Sharfstein, DHMH Secretary
· Chairman John A. Hurson, MCHRC
· Dr. Laura Herrera, DHMH Deputy Secretary for Public Health
· Dr. Carlessia A. Hussein, MHHD Director
· Dr. Stephen B. Thomas, MCHESPHUM Director
WHEN: Friday, October 11th
10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
WHERE: Chesapeake College, Todd Performing Arts Center, Wye Mills, Maryland
For more information about the summit, visit http://dhmh.maryland.gov/mhhd/SitePages/Home.aspx .
Stay connected! Follow @MarylandDHMH on Twitter and “like” MarylandMHHD on Facebook.