|You Can Become a Non-Smoker|
Snow Hill, Md. (October 23, 2013) - November 21 is National Great American Smokeout Day. For individuals thinking about quitting smoking, this may be the best day to do it. The Great American Smokeout may offer just the support you need by knowing that other smokers are also giving up cigarettes for the day.
To aid county residents in their attempt to be “smoke free” on November 21, the Worcester County Health Department will be distributing Quit Smoking Kits to several locations including the Berlin Health Center, Center 4 Clean Start, Pocomoke Health Center, Snow Hill Health Center, WACS Center, and the Worcester County Dental Clinic. Please stop by one of those locations to pick up your free Quit Smoking Kit.
To further assist you in your attempt to quit, check out the quit tips listed below.
· Make a firm commitment to quit and set a date.
· Join a smoking cessation class- for more information about classes, please call the Worcester County Health Department Tobacco Program at 410-632-0056.
· Enlist some support.
· Drink lots of water.
· Munch on low-cal snacks.
· Chew on a toothpick or cinnamon stick.
· Throw out the ash tray and cigarettes.
· Vacuum the car.
· Wash your clothes.
· Air out the house.
· Become physically active- join one of the several physical activity and nutrition programs sponsored by the Worcester County Health Department such as the Just Walk and Lifestyle Balance programs.
· Participate in Just Walk Berlin, a free 1-mile walk to be held on Saturday, November 9, 2013 (November 16- rain date) at Stephen Decatur Park. Registration starts at 9:00 and walk begins at 9:30 am.
For more information about quitting smoking or to register for a smoking cessation class, please call the Worcester County Health Department at 410-632-0056 or go to www.worcesterhealth.org. YOU can become a non-smoker!
|Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 October 2013 08:34|