|Lower Shore Health Insurance Assistance Program December Outreach Events|
Snow Hill, Md. (December 3, 2013) – The Lower Shore Health Insurance Assistance Program has an extensive outreach and education campaign planned that will reach hundreds of uninsured residents in Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester counties in December.
November was a successful month of creating public awareness through thirty-eight public and private events. Throughout December, staff will continue to provide outreach, education, and enrollment opportunities for the public at the following confirmed locations:
· Monday Dec. 2 – Riverside Pharmacy, Salisbury, 8 a.m. – Noon
· Monday Dec. 2 – Milford Street Pharmacy, Salisbury, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
· Saturday Dec. 7 – Pocomoke Walmart, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
· Saturday Dec. 7 – Santa’s Workshop, Salisbury Neighborhood Services, 7 p.m.
· Monday Dec. 9 – Apple Drug Pharmacy, Berlin, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
· Monday Dec. 9 – Apple Drug Pharmacy, Fruitland, Noon – 8 p.m.
· Friday Dec. 13 – Salisbury Kmart, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
· Saturday Dec. 14 – Berlin Walmart, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
· Monday Dec. 16 – Peninsula Pharmacy, Salisbury, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The public can stop by one of these events to learn more about available health plans. Stay tuned for more events in upcoming months.
Staff has scheduled office hours Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. at various organizations throughout Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester counties. Such locations include health departments, departments of social services, TLC Health Centers, PRMC, and libraries. Those interested should contact our toll free number at (855) 445-5540 to speak with a representative to find the closest location and to set an appointment.
For more information on our program and a continuously updated list of events, please visit us at lowershorehealth.org.