(Snow Hill, MD)- The Worcester County Health Department (WCHD) is pleased to offer discounted TIPS (Training for Intervention Procedures) classes and certification to Worcester County alcohol-licensed establishments. The TIPS summer class will be held from 9am-1pm, on August 9, 2021, at the Worcester County Health Department (6040 Public Landing Rd, Snow Hill, MD, 21863).
TIPS training is shown to decrease an establishment’s chances of alcohol violation penalties, keep our community safer, and increase customer satisfaction. When you serve alcohol, please know the risks:
- Lawsuits if you over-serve
- Endanger lives if you serve a drunk driver
- Compromise your livelihood if you sell to a minor
Participants will leave this responsible beverage sales training prepared to:
- Recognize the signs of intoxication
- Spot underage drinkers and prevent sales to minors
- Intervene quickly and confidently in potential problem situations
- Understand the difference between people enjoying themselves and those getting into
trouble with alcohol
- Use proven strategies to prevent alcohol-related problems
The cost for the training is $45.00 per participant, or $40.00 per participant for groups of ten or more from the same establishment.
For more information or to schedule a training, please call Lynn Suarez (410-632-1100 ext. 1109).