Snow Hill, MD – As part of American Heart Month and Go Red for Women, Worcester Health and Atlantic General Hospital have collaborated to bring the county a variety of free events for the betterment of residents’ heart health.
The goal of American Heart Month and Go Red for Women is to raise awareness among women about heart disease, risk factors, and steps that can be taken to reduce the risk of developing heart disease. These events focus on encouraging residents to get more physical activity and getting screened to keep their hearts healthy. Residents can participate in any of the free events throughout the month of February.
- Free Vascular Health & Wellness Screenings - Join Worcester Health, Atlantic General Hospital, and the Heart Health Foundation for free screenings, education, and giveaways! This event will be held on February 4, 2023 from 8am-2pm, at the Ocean Pines Branch of the Worcester County Library located at 11107 Cathell Road, Ocean Pines, MD 21811.
Register through Eventbrite; for more information call 410-632-1100 Ext. 1108. Residents can get in their steps and find the rocks from 8am-5pm at one of the following park locations:
- Byrd Park-Snow Hill, Maryland
- Cypress Park-Pocomoke, Maryland
- Stephen Decatur Park-Berlin, Maryland
For more information on places to walk in Worcester, or to join Just Walk, visit JustWalkWorcester.org or call 410-632-1100 ext. 1108
- Atlantic General Hospital Virtual Walk with a Doc: A virtual walk sponsored by Atlantic General Hospital featuring Diabetes Educator and Registered Dietician, Darlene Jameson. The topic will be heart health. The virtual walk is scheduled to take place on February 18, 2023 at 9 am. For more information, please visit https://rb.gy/rzw8tn or contact Tina Simmons, at 410-629 6409.
“Walking continues to be one of the easiest forms of physical activity and it’s free to everyone. There are many reasons to walk. There are also various health benefits that can be gained from simply just walking,” said Crystal Bell, Chronic Disease and Tobacco Supervisor.
Heart disease is the leading cause of death throughout the United States. Worcester Health and Atlantic General Hospital are helping to reduce residents' risk of heart disease by providing resources that make living a healthy lifestyle accessible to everyone.
Thank you to the town of Snow Hill, Pocomoke, Berlin, and Worcester County Recreation and Parks for their continued support and their efforts to keep our parks beautiful and accessible.
For more information, visit our website worcesterhealth.org or call 410-632-1100 ext. 1108.