Snow Hill, MD – The Worcester County Health Department is excited to invite you to Just Walk or Move Your Way during the month of December for 12 Days of Just Walk and Wellness.
The event runs December 4-16th, 2023. Residents are encouraged to get active and do the following:
- Register for the 12 Days of Just Walk and Wellness through Eventbrite by December 3, 2023, or call us at 410-632-1100 Ext. 1108.
- Walk or move your way EACH DAY and submit your daily photo while being active!
- Visit local parks on December 9-10th for a self-directed nature scavenger hunt! Parks included are Newton Park, Byrd Park, and Herring Creek Nature Park. A scavenger hunt guide will be available to download upon registration or can be mailed upon request. The guide will instruct participants on which nature items to find in the local parks, snap a photo, and check off which items have been found.
- Please email all photos and completed scavenger hunt guides to
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter @WorcesterHealth for weekly health & fitness tips.
“Physical activity is important and great for overall health. Staying active can also help people maintain a healthy weight, reduce the risk for type-2 diabetes, heart disease, and can reduce stress,” said Crystal Bell, Chronic Disease and Tobacco Supervisor.
This is a self-directed event. Register at: Eventbrite.com. For more information, please call 410-632-1100, ext. 1108.